Pages

Monday 25 November 2013

Bailee and Hiwarau camp writing.

Adding Detail To Sentences

A complex sentence has more than one clause. It has added detail giving the reader more information. It adds interest and makes writing JUICY.

You can add to the
beginning
middle
end
of simple sentences.




Mr Jacobsen was our coach on the confidence course.

At Kawau Island for our activity Mr Jacobsen was our coach on the confidence course.

Mr Jacobsen who is trained in safety and first aid was our coach on the large wooden, and very challenging confidence course.

Mr Jacobsen was our coach on the confidence course which is a ropes and wood set of activities at Camp Bentzon.





I was nervous about sailing on camp.

At Camp Bentzon I was nervous about sailing on camp.

I was nervous and beginning to shake about sailing the tiny wobbly optimist boats at camp.

I was nervous about sailing on camp but I soon learnt that the worst thing that could happen was that I would get a free swim!!

I was nervous about sailing on camp because I thought I was going to tip over




After looking up at the terrifying wall we went abseiling.

We went to the abseiling course

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.